Saturday, September 10, 2011

PACKAGING DESIGN

Daily Foods Packaging Design
DAILY FOODS PACKAGING DESIGN
This project is one of the many that I had fun designing for. 
My concept was that of a chalkboard effect. 

The work being done here was for a College project. The brief was to develop the product packaging for an Organic New Food market group by the name of Daily Foods. They are distruibuting to Spar in the sections of Daily Bread, Daily Soup, Daily Salad and Daily Juice. Their main benefit is that the food is fresh and organic and is made 'daily'. This is an attempt to encourage health food and eating preferably to all age groups but due to the location being Sandton it will be aimed at the young adults and adults mostly. Therefore research was to be done to attain as to who is the exact target market.



My motivation from this I hope is to better understand my target market and allow me to better design an applicable and appropriate Healthy Food Range. According to my findings my target market are the adult group of ages 30 - 50. Sporty, energetic individuals who are quite image conscious. Are realising health foods are a better way to go and that many people are moving to healthy eating therefore it is also a trendy thing to do now. To conclude i believe the one gaurantee here is that this is healthy delicious food aimed for health conscious people who are willing to enjoy and try something new.


So from this I came up with the concept of the Chalkboard effect! As I thought to myself since there is no fixed menu just like in some restaurants with their specials being written on the chalkboard. Daily Foods' food is special. Something new and exciting daily. 
Below I've chosen just one section from the whole range and focus on aspects of that:
And the lucky winner is "Daily Bread":
The Daily Bread Packaging Design ready for print 

Daily Bread: Front View

Daily Bread: Back View

Daily Bread: Close-up of the back

Daily Bread: Close-up of the front

Daily Bread: CLose up of the side








Close-up of Daily Bread Packaging

No comments:

Post a Comment